We’re thrilled to announce that Wesley College was named Boarding School of the Year at the Australian Educator Awards 2019.
We’ve always believed that Wesley offers a world-class educational experience, but there’s something special about having it confirmed by your peers.
The Australian Education Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of the country’s top-performing schools.
‘It is often said, the health and heart of a school are measured by its boarding community. This award reflects the wonderful work that happens in our boarding house, but also acknowledges the innovative facilities of the College as a whole,’ said Wesley College Headmaster Ross Barron. ‘To be named as one of Australia’s best schools is a magnificent honour and a tribute to our staff and their commitment to every student,’
The award recognises much more than the quality of our boarding facilities. It also encompasses a range of much wider educational criteria including:
- Consistently high standards of teaching and learning
- Academic and other achievements
- Rigorous professional learning to improve teaching and curriculum delivery
- Strong communication links with students, parents, teachers and the wider community
- Effective management of facilities, finances and human resources
- Demonstrated commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Provision of a supportive home environment focused on student wellbeing
Rodney Steer, Head of Boarding at Wesley College, who joined Wesley in January 2019 and said he was not surprised to see the College receive this award.
‘Having worked for most of my adult life in boarding schools across the country, it is my view that Wesley boarding is one of the finest in Australia. Our focus is not only academic excellence, but each boy’s personal growth and well-being, in a nurturing environment that understands the importance of community and relationships.’