1. Wesley College Enrolment policy – The registration form must be accompanied by an application fee of $110.00 for Australian residents or $330.00 for Full Fee Paying Overseas Students, which is non-refundable. Places are allocated strictly in the order of the application date, however the Headmaster is authorised by the College Council to exercise discretion for applicants in special circumstances. The Headmaster reserves the right to refuse the enrolment of a child into Wesley College.
2. Endowment Fee: If Wesley College offers the signatories to this agreement a place at the College for a student, that offer will be conditional upon payment of a non-refundable Endowment Fee. The Endowment Fee is payable on a per student basis. For details of the Endowment Fee applicable, please refer to the Fee Schedule and Business Arrangements. Endowment Fee concessions are available for female students, siblings and students who are the children or grandchildren of an Old Wesley Collegian.
3. The Annual Fees set out in the Fees and Charges Schedule are payable in equal instalments or in advance at the beginning of each academic year. Charges for goods and services are payable as rendered. A student may not be permitted to enter the College at the beginning of any term unless all fees and charges are paid and up to date. A student may not attend optional tours/camps unless all fees and charges are paid and up-to-date one month prior to the tour/camp departure.
4. If a confirmed enrolment is postponed, it may only be possible to place the student’s name at the end of the waiting list for the new date. Leave of Absence can only be granted for a one (1) year period. Extensions to this may be requested in writing to the Headmaster. One full-term’s notice is required.
5. The College may terminate a student’s enrolment at any time if the Headmaster determines that the student is making unsatisfactory progress, has an unsatisfactory attitude, has displayed unacceptable behaviour, or has broken the College’s rules. If the College does so, you will not be entitled to any refund of fees or charges by the College and if you are at that time liable to pay any fees and charges but have not done so, you will not be relieved from any liability to pay those fees and charges.
6. If you wish to remove a student from the College, you must give the College written notice of at least one (1) full term in advance, and in default of such notice, you are liable to pay the College an additional instalment of one quarter of the Annual Fee.
7. Boarders are expected to remain as boarders for the full year and two (2) full years if entering in Year 11. Applications for boarders to become day students during a year will only be considered in exceptional circumstances by the Headmaster. Any such request must be made to the College in writing at least one (1) full term in advance of the date upon which you wish the boarder to become a day student and in default of such notice, you must pay one (1) full term’s boarding fee.
8. For the purposes of Conditions 6 and 7, if the student has not been permitted to return to the College under condition 4, they shall be deemed to have been removed by you from the College at the end of the preceding term.
9. The student must comply with the College’s rules as amended from time to time, and the College may enforce these rules at the College’s discretion.
10. If the student is absent from the College for any period of time, the payment of full fees is necessary to hold a guaranteed place at the College.
11. The College, at its discretion, may seek to recover from you any damage to the College’s property caused or contributed to by the student, net of any amount the College may recover under the College’s insurance policies.
12. You authorise the College to incur costs on your behalf where they relate to the student’s medical expenses arising from accident or illness.
13. You acknowledge and agree that the College’s responsibility and liability for the student and their personal property will be limited in the following respects:
(a) the student is solely responsible for loss or damage to personal property brought to the College; and
(b) the College will not be liable for any liability the student incurs to any third party in respect of death, bodily injury or loss or damage to property.
14. International students (those with student visas and some temporary visas) are expected to attend as boarders for the full duration of their time at Wesley College. Applications to become day students during a year will only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
15. Student details provided on this registration form may be shared with Penrhos College for the purpose of confirming eligibility for priority enrolment status.
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF ADDRESS: It is your responsibility to inform the College of any change of address, telephone number or email address which may occur from the date of this application. In the absence of such notification, and in the event of the College making all reasonable attempts to contact you from time to time, a student’s place on the enrolment list may be cancelled.
CHANGE OF INTENTION: The College wishes to keep an accurate profile of future entrants and would appreciate notification of any change of intention.
Agreement Required fields are marked with * I/we have read and understood the Conditions of Enrolment displayed above. I/we agree that the Conditions of Enrolment form part of our agreement with Wesley College with regard to the education of the Student and we agree to be bound by them. To the best of my/our knowledge the information contained within this application form is complete and correct. I/we acknowledge and agree that if we have knowingly withheld information relevant to the enrolment process or have knowingly incorrectly completed this application form, the College may refuse or terminate the enrolment of my/our child. Should my/our child’s educational or health circumstances change between the date of application and entry to the College, I/we will inform the College.
Subscribe to Wesley College Updates